Tuesday, July 15, 2008

The Dark Knight

I just bought a ticket for the 9:00 A.M. showing on Friday for $8 (a dollar added to the initial $7 for the "convenience charge" -- but don't I still have to wait in line?). I'm probably going to leave at 8:00 since Short Pump is about 15 minutes away.

I'm not a comic book nut and never even really read them growing up, or currently. I also saw Batman Begins about a year after it was released on DVD. But I don't want to wait and see it three weeks after it's released. It looks to awesome to wait. The critics are comparing the movie to a two-hour and thirty minute popcorn Hamlet (more emphasis on Hamlet than the notion of a popcorn flick, of course). Many are calling it depressing. And with a PG-13 rating. So I can't wait. Bring on the darkness, ya'll.

Fortunately turned unfortunately, we have an IMAX theater literally within walking distance from where we live, but some woman got stabbed by a homeless guy there a few months ago. It's on Broad Street. I'm not worried about getting stabbed. But the damn theater ain't playing the movie. Kung Fu Panda? Oh yes, they have it. The Dark Knight? Nope. Only three theaters in Virginia are running it.

It'll be the earliest time I've ever gone to the theater. I imagine it'll still be pretty packed, but hopefully most people will be at work. So I'm trying to take advantage. I'm so put upon...