Monday, May 4, 2009

Raleigh Durham

I believe what was probably my 5th or 6th All About Beer Festival is now over. It was definitely one of the best. And quite possible my last. And now because I gained too much weight after eating a lot of shitty food and drinking too much, I have to get on the horn and shed the pounds.

*

Has anyone ever been to a Loco Pops? There are only four locations, all in Raleigh, Durham, and Chapel Hill, and it's a mind blowing place. Gourmet Popsicles. I had a Cherry Hibiscus yesterday. I saw Blueberry Thyme. Lavender Pear. There are sugar-based and cream-based. And they're amazing. I don't understand how it's done or how they're so good.

If you're in those areas, make sure you hit one of them up and grab yourself about fifteen. You won't regret it.

*

A lot to get done this week. Leaving on Thursday for my Savannah. Celebrating Thursday night. Friday night will be more low-key. And of course celebrating Saturday night post-wedding.

*

I'm also going on temporary hiatus from the first book interviews until I can get about ten sets of questions or so to poets. Again, this week is going to be busy, though next week I should be able to take some time, sit down, read, enjoy, get questions together, and get them sent to poets who have been owed questions for a long, long time. Maybe even more than ten sets of questions. I'll update when I'm back in full swing.

*

I need to write new poems.