Monday, April 13, 2009

The Last

Thanks to Blake for taking what was the last unpublished poem in Ghost Lights, "Alternate Featurette, Zoo," for publication in the next issue of Lamination Colony.

It's one of my favorite poems in the book, if not my favorite, and again it's always funny how those things work out. I sent it to at least thirty places, all of them who eventually said no. It's also the longest poem in the book too, so that might have had something to do with it, and I fully understand that.

*

The contract for Ghost Lights has arrived. As soon as it's signed and in the mail and received by the editor, we can both start making official announcements.

I've already gotten a few folks (thank you thank you thank you) willing to do blurbs, and I'm still trying to round up some more. And those that don't make it on the back cover will certainly, in full, be on the blog dedicated to the book (where I'll also most likely be selling it a bit below what you'll be able to get it for online).

Maybe eventually I'll start a real website too, but for now I don't have the time, and it's still a while before the book will actually be in anyone's hands.

Now to email all the contests where the book still is and them know they shouldn't consider it anymore. Did anyone go through this and have to write official snail mail letters, or is email usually fine with them?