Sunday, June 15, 2008

IMac

I'm sucking it up and getting an IMac. I've had a Dell laptop for the last 4 years. I've written most poems I've ever written on it. I've downloaded a lot of music. I don't think I'm transferring anything. It's not dead yet, but it's close.

Looking at the 20-inch screen and 2.66GHz Intel Core 2 Duo. Adding another 180 gigs for $45. I really want to have a hard drive that's going to last for years. 30 gigs doesn't cut it anymore. And with the probably shit ton of movies I'll be downloading from Karagarga (no I don't have any invites, sorry) and the shit ton of music I'll be downloading from various places, I'm going to need it. To actually be able to surf around without my computer turning off from getting too hot will be nice. Actually being able to tinker with my manuscript and reading others' manuscripts will be awesome. I seriously can't do that now. Small documents and single pages are fine. More than 10 pages, I have about two minutes to do all I can do before I have to close it out, which is mainly why I did all of my personal work in my office the last two semesters. One of the small advantages of being an adjunct I guess.

Soon I will say goodbye to my laptop, though it'll still be around, if it's not completely smashed out of frustration and last rites by then.