Friday, July 18, 2008

Is that... a bazooka?

The Dark Knight lives up to the hype. I'm not going to say much at all here, because you just need to see it, but it was incredible on many levels. It ended and I seriously couldn't believe it was two and a half hours, despite some of the brooding and slowness and darkness. Everything works, and even when it seems slow, there's enough involvement with the audience, which I can't really explain I suppose.

The saddest thing is realizing how uncompromisingly meteoric Heath Ledger would've been as an actor beyond this role. His Joker make's Nicholson's look legitimately like Ronald McDonald. He deserves a posthumous Oscar. Yes, along with many, I also said it.

Best movie of the summer. Best movie of the entire series. I need another viewing already or more, but I'll wait and let it sink in.

See it.