Tuesday, July 15, 2008

Literary Journal Blogs Addition

After checking out the new Hayden's Ferry Review blog, I realized that this is a section too many folks don't have on their blogs. Often the blogs can be as entertaining as the work in the journals, though I'm not sure exactly what that means. The HFR blog has gotten off to a great start, especially with a recent post from Beth about the slush pile, mostly in accordance with journals accepting both simultaneous and only snail mail submissions. It's hard for too many writers to understand how long it can take for even a form letter rejection to get back to a writer. I've been very lucky in some cases, but I've also had 9-months-later form rejections. You have to take the good with the bad, the slow with the quick, and keep it rolling.

The Ploughshares blog seems to always start fights, which is pretty hilarious.

And some of them post YouTube videos and the like when nothing's going on.

At any rate, I've added the section, so if you know of some I haven't added -- or if you're a part of one -- let me know, so I can keep the list going.